Wednesday 14 April 2010

The ballad of the lost unfound

Well I guess I better start at the beginning, I have so much stuff to get off ones chest. But that's for later my freinds.
Yesterday I watched a docu about the Graf Zepplin goin around the world in 1929, the timeshift totally entranced me, but bygone ages usually do. The history of the world back then looked great but a few years later a depression laid waste to the good times, and beyond that a war which ravaged this world of ours laying 50+ million dead for crazy Nazi ideals.
Anyway I've digressed enough that kinda fed my mind for a blog post. You see not much about humanity has changed, our circumstances have changed and mostly for the better, but we remain the same animals all to willing to make the same dumb mistakes. But I'd take a trip back to the 20's there seems something idyllic about those days, people no doubt worried as much as we do now, but they seemed so much more carefree and respectful. Marriage worked then people spend way too much time these days living alone. Kids had much less but what they had made them happier, society had moral fibre something tragically missing today. The idealogue in me almost wants that moral fibre to come into a world, I've never knew it existed in, sure I've seen it in the movies, it's kinda what made me the die hard liberal I am today. All I gotta do is find me a woman cut from the same cloth and I'm set lol, part of this blog post is I hope damning the lack of morals in today's society both male and female alike are guilty, I sound like such a Puritan I'm not that bad, on Sunday night I walked into one of my local pubs and a few people were in a corner chatting loudly, anyway when one came to the bar for more drinks he said that he was holding a national front meeting. I was shocked that the manager had allowed such a meeting to happen in her pub, I promptly left I don't want to be associated with such virulent scum. What must society do to lose racism from it's character it's a dark part of it's psyche I guess only Dr Gregory House could remove it, and he is fictitious. I guess we just have to use old fashioned hope, that one day it's all okay cos people have to be alright to be happy. To be frank and earnest I'm genuinely alright i have a great family unit, and the freinds I've got are all happily settled, which has made them much better people and better freinds. It's just most of the time I'm lonely as a vandee globe competitor. Anyway my next blog will be less whiny I promise.


The Fortress of Solitude

No comments:

Post a Comment